Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. This is the best eggless sponge cake recipe. It never fails and I used the same recipe for making a doll cake.
This eggless vanilla sponge cake recipe is simple and easy to make. The cake is super moist, spongy and fluffy. You can enjoy it with evening Coffee or Tea.
You can also check other delicious and popular Cake recipes here:
Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake | How to make Eggless vanilla sponge cake
- 1 cup maida/all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup curd + 2 tbsp
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat the Oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Grease the cake tin with little oil and dust it with a flour. Keep it aside.
- Sift maida/all purpose flour twice and keep it aside.
- In another mixing bowl add curd and sugar. Whisk it well till sugar gets completely dissolves.
- Now add baking powder and baking soda. Mix it well. Keep it undisturbed for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes you will see the surface is frothy. Add oil and vanilla essence in it. Mix it.
- Now add sifted flour to it. Mix it gently with cut & fold method. Do not over mix it.
- Pour the batter in the greased Cake tin. Tap it to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake at 180 degree Celsius for 30-35 minutes.
- Check after 25 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake and if it comes out clean then it is done.
- Let it cool in the cake tin for 5 minutes.
- Unmold the Cake and let it cool down completely on the Oven stand. Sponge Cake is ready now. Enjoy!
- You can dust some icing sugar over it or decorate it with icing.
2. Use Curd at room temperature. Do not add the curd directly taken out from the refrigerator.
3. Reduce the quantity of sugar, if you do not have a sweet tooth.
4. The oil used for making this cake should not have a strong smell.
5. If you are going to over mix the batter the cake will be dense and you will not get spongy texture in the cake.
6. After preparing the batter and putting it in the cake tin bake immediately. Do not keep it outside or the cake will not rise properly.
7. The timings for baking the cake may be different for you.
Please leave your valuable suggestions, feedback or any query related to the recipe in the comment box. If you make this recipe in any other way, do share your tips and suggestions to make it better. Till then enjoy your day………Happy Cooking 🙂