Shahi Paneer recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. The gravy of Shahi Paneer is mildly spicy, thick and creamy in texture. Shahi paneer is one of the popular paneer recipes. It is served mostly with Naan, Roti or Rice.
Shahi Paneer recipe is different, in different regions of India. In some regions, people make Shahi Paneer with white gravy, in other regions they make yellow gravy and some make it orange color gravy too. Here I am sharing the orange color gravy recipe. This recipe is mildly spicy and aromatic and liked by all in our family.
You can also check other delicious and popular Indian Curry recipes here:
Shahi Paneer recipe | how to make shahi paneer recipe
- 200 gms Paneer
- 1/4 Cup Cashewnut
- 2 medium size Onion
- 1 inch Ginger
- 10-15 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Slit Green Chillies
- 4 medium size Tomatoes Ripe
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 Cup Water
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 4 tsp Oil
- 2 Slit Green Chillies
- 1/4 Cup Cream
- 2 tbsp Kasuri Methi
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Coriander Leaves to garnish
Garam Masala for Shahi Paneer
- 1 no. Bay Leaf
- 2 stick Cinnamon
- 1 petal Mace
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 4-5 Green Cardamom
- 4-5 Black Pepper Corns
- 4-5 Cloves
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a Pan and add all the Garam masala. Saute it for a minute. The spices will release their aroma. Be careful not to burn the spices.
- Add Cashewnut and fry till they change their color to light golden brown.
- Add Sliced Onions, Ginger, Garlic and Slit Green Chilies. Saute it for 3-4 minutes till the raw smell of onion and garlic leaves.
- Now add Chopped tomatoes & Salt. Mix it well. Salt helps to cook the tomatoes faster.
- Add Turmeric powder, coriander powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, and cumin powder. Mix them well and saute it for a minute.
- Add water and stir well. Cover it with the lid and let it cook for 20 minutes. Keep the flame low. After 20 minutes tomatoes will be mushy. Switch off the flame and let it cool down.
- When cooled, put it in the Mixer/Grinder and Grind it to a fine paste. Strain the prepared paste with a strainer. This will result in a smooth texture of the Gravy. Keep it aside.
- Heat a tsp of oil and butter in a Kadhai. Add slit green chilies and saute it for a minute. Add the strained paste and water to adjust the consistency of the gravy.
- Bring it to a boil. Add Paneer cubes. Simmer the flame and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Cream and mix. Cook for another 1 minute. Add Kasoori methi and cardamom powder. Switch off the flame.
- Shahi Paneer is ready. Garnish it with fresh cream, Kasuri Methi, and coriander leaves. Serve it with Roti or Naan.
Please leave your valuable suggestions, feedback or any query related to the recipe in the comment box. If you make this recipe in any other way, do share your tips and suggestions to make it better. Till then enjoy your day………Happy Cooking 🙂