Dhaba style egg curry recipe | Simple egg curry
Egg curry made with boiled eggs that are fried in spices and then cooked in onion tomato gravy. Serve Anda curry hot with Roti/Naan/Steamed rice.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Servings: 4 people
For roasting the eggs in spices:
- 6 eggs boiled & peeled
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder haldi powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder lal mirchi powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
For making the egg curry:
- 2 onions big size, finely chopped
- 7 garlic cloves finely chopped, lasan
- 1/2 inch ginger finely chopped, adrak
- 2 green chilies slit, hari mirchi
- 4 tomatoes big size, pureed
- 1/2 tsp cumin jeera
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder haldi powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder lal mirchi powder
- 2 tsp gram flour Besan
- 1 tsp coriander powder dhaniya powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp Kasuri methi crushed
- 1 bay leaf tej patta
- 4 cloves lavang
- 1 green cardamom hari elaichi
- 1 inch cinnamon sticks dalchini
How to make Egg curry:
Heat oil in a pan.
Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala & eggs.
Coat the eggs well in the spices and fry it till golden brown in color.
Take it out and keep it aside.
In the same pan add 2 tsp oil.
Add cumin & whole spices and fry it for a minute.
Add ginger, garlic & onions. Saute till onions are golden brown in color.
Add besan/gram flour & spice powders.
Roast for 3-4 minutes until it stops sticking the pan.
Add tomato puree & salt and mix. Cook till oil starts to separate from the masala.
Add hot water and adjust the consistency of egg curry.
Cook till oil starts to float on the top.
Finally, add garam masala powder, kasuri methi and eggs.
Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame.
Egg curry is ready to serve.
Serve egg curry hot with Roti/Naan/Steamed rice.
- You can roast the gram flour till aromatic in a separate pan and then add this while adding all the spice powders.
- Use normal red chili powder if you do not have Kashmiri red chili powder.
- You can replace gram flour/besan with cashew paste too. Soak cashew nuts in warm water for 5 minutes and then grind it to a fine paste.
- You can skip adding kasuri methi to the recipe. Add coriander leaves to make a simple egg curry. This also tastes delicious.