Baingan fry recipe | vangyache kaap | how to make brinjal fry
Vangyache kaap/Baingan fry with a crispy exterior and soft & spicy interior. Served as a side dish with steamed rice and dal.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder /haldi powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder /lal mirch powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Rava/Sooji/Semolina
- 1 Brinjal/Eggplant
Rinse the brinjal. Discard the crown and slice the brinjal.
Sprinkle turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt, ginger garlic paste, and lemon juice over the slices. Apply the spices evenly on both the sides of brinjal.
Next, coat each brinjal slice in rava/suji on both sides and keep it aside.
Heat 2 tsp oil and fry the brinjal slices. Let it cook on one side on medium flame and then flip it.
Apply oil on the other side and cook until it is crisp.
Serve hot with steamed rice and dal.
- Use Brinjal/Eggplant that is lightweight. They will have more flesh and fewer seeds.
- You can replace lemon juice with tamarind pulp.
- Also, you can use rice flour instead of rava/suji.
- This brinjal fry tastes great when served hot. Serve immediately